Sunday 30 June 2013

Royal Princess Preview Cruise 9-11 June 2013 (episode 1)


Following on from my last post - we had been allocated stateroom A104 – a standard outside with balcony. I was surprised to see our names on a card outside our cabin with our Captain's Circle level on them. No privacy then! 
It was nicely furnished in light woods with darker detailing, much like the Cunard Queens. Our twin beds were comfortable - although not the best I have had, and the bedside lights were well positioned. In fact the cabin lighting was the best I have come across and the bathroom lighting superb.




 

At the foot of the beds was a huge flat-screen TV, on which I guess you will be able to interact with - but it was not fully working yet. One nice feature I thought was to have some old episodes of The Love Boat available! There were two areas at which to sit - a writing desk with drawers (the hairdryer was in one of them), and the cupboard the fridge was in. The latter also had some useful corner shelves. The bedside tables had an open shelf and two small drawers, and that was it regarding drawer space. The walk-in wardrobe area next to the bathroom was spacious and had a shelve over the rail for lifejackets. there was also a floor-to-ceiling cupboard with shelves and a safe.
The bathroom however was arguably the smallest I have ever had.  So small in fact that I had to dry myself IN the shower! Sitting on the toilet my knees almost touched the door! It had three open shelves and an integrated basin in the worktop. There was also an open shelf under the basin. We had the usual toiletries - shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower gel. Our Elite level toiletries arrived just in time to bring them home!- an additional body lotion, shower cap, room spray, buffing mitt and eye mask.
 
My friend's luggage had arrived so once she had unpacked (mine was much later despite handing them in at the same time!), and before muster drill at 4.15, we set off with our cameras to explore the whole ship, starting at the top - a good idea since we would be able to grab a bite in the buffet on the way!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment