Friday 1 November 2013

Back in the saddle!

Well, six weeks seemed forever but it is nearly over and I cannot believe how quickly it has gone now! The K-wire in my toe was taken out yesterday and to celebrate my ne freedom to walk, drive and generally get back to normal life - nearly - My friend and I have booked to go on Queen Mary 2 for a short trip to the Christmas markets.


My toe is still very sore and I am stuck in sandals for another week or two but hopefully by mid December I should be good as new. I love QM2. Despite her size she never seems big inside with lots of nooks and crannies to sit and people watch - not that we will much time for that.

It is four years since I was last on board her so about time I renewed my acquaintance. our ports are Zeebrugge (again) so I expect I will go to Brussels as I haven't been there before and have done previous excursions to Ghent, Ypres and Bruges. I hear the Xmas market in Brussels is excellent. I haven't decided whether to head for Honfleur again or Rouen from Le Havre.  A week or two to choose anyway.
Honfleur
It is quite difficult to get round packing - for cold in five weeks, and then about three weeks later - for hot, then very cold again in March when I board Oriana to northern Norway in search of the Northern Lights. 

So - back to work properly from next week and a cruise to look forward to very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment