Friday 19 September 2014

Adonia cruise - part 8


Monday 1 September – at sea

Phew – at last a sea day and the day of our Baltic Peninsular lunch. This was at 11.45 so we skipped breakfast all but some juice and fruit out on the aft deck.
 
We had an interesting table with Third Officer Callum – who was late due to having to read the noon announcement on the bridge! After a delicious three course lunch with two glasses of champagne and wine, it was sunbathing for me all pm. when I got up at one point there was a huge dragonfly on my towel!
 
As it was a formal night, we had been invited to the suite of a couple on our table for pre-dinner drinks (more champagne!) and nibbles. It was beautiful, with a huge aft-facing corner balcony with a view of the wake.  After dinner I defected from the quiz to watch the pianist who I thought excellent. Bed. Caryll came from the quiz bearing some delicious birthday cake from our quiz team members. I discovered Mark Cook was the pastry chef on board and it showed in the beautiful cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment