Monday 30 March 2015

Coming soon....

Phew - well having finally managed to finish my South American adventure blog, I can get back to future events and publications. The first good news to share is that the Cunard book is finished and has gone to print.

 


It will be available from Amazon and all other bookshops from April 15th. Although we wrote it to coincide with the 175 anniversary, the subject matter is broader than just a history of the company and is ordered much like our Year in the Life of the P&O Fleet, except it is in seasons rather than month by month. We have also contrasted some operations of today with those of some years ago; for example a current turnaround day in Southampton with one in New York in the 1950s.
 
Secondly I have produced two more calendars of my photographs. The first is of images taken in the Antarctic Peninsular this January.
 
 
 
The second is of photographs I took in the fascinating Medina of Tetouan on my cruise on Adonia last August.
 

 
 
As for getting back on board a ship - it is going to be a busy month or so. At the end of April I have an overnight "experience" on board Saga Pearl II followed the next weekend with a three-night cruise on Anthem of the Seas. Two highly contrasting vessels, on which I will of course report back here! The same day we disembark Anthem I have an invitation to the 175 anniversary luncheon on QM2 with champagne reception, lunch and commemorative book. That is also the day of the Ocean Liner Society's Ship Show in Southampton, so with all three Cunarders in port together with Anthem and Balmoral, I suspect the city will be a tad crowded!!

No comments:

Post a Comment