Thursday 22 October 2015

Arcadia cruise to Adriatic 2015 - part 6


Monday 28 September – Dubrovnik

Weather 3/8 cloud, north-easterly Force 3, 22°C

Woke and got up at 7.30 just as Queen Victoria was berthing! I didn’t realise she was due in or would have been up earlier for her arrival, but then I had done little or no preparation for this cruise at all!  


After a quick breakfast on deck in the early sun, we caught the shuttle into the old town. We only had a half-day call so wanted to make the most of our time!
 




We wandered down the main street to the cathedral and open-air market.


On this visit I was also on a mission to find the Serbian Orthodox Church with (apparently) a cat colony (success) and the icon museum (no success).

 


We stopped for a drink in a pretty café on the main street, with free WiFi of course. After my delicious local lager I carried on wandering leaving Caryll trying to send a email postcard on her tablet. She soon found me  - in a jewellery shop of course!, where I bought a locally-design silver filigree and coral ring. We then headed to the harbour where we had an icecream and watched Wind Surf tendering ashore.






By then it was time to make our way back, via some stalls on dockside.



I went up to sun deck for our sail away past Queen Victoria. The sun was hot but it was very windy.




After we left, I had a snack and sat on prom deck while Caryll won quoits. Then we joined some new friends for a drink in Neptune bar, chatting for quite a time. I didn’t stay up late for quiz as I wanted to be up early tomorrow for our sail into Venice – one of the best sail-ins in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment