Thursday 25 October 2012

Days 7 - 8 Mid Atlantic


Day 7-  mid Atlantic

I guess these reports are starting to sound boring for anyone who has yet to cruise or doesn’t like sea days! We are three days into our crossing with two more to go to reach Antigua and at the noon announcement were halfway across, steaming at around 19 knots with the ship on track pilot (Auto pilot). Everyone is settling into shipboard routine. At breakfast this morning, which I took outside as usual (fresh mango and pineapple,) it was already 76 degrees.
 
At noon it was into the higher 80s. I haven’t done much today aside from the travelling alone meeting, as I had a book signing at 10am. This went very well and I have another to do on the way home again. I then just lazed in the shade of the prom deck with my book in between watching the flying fish leap in our bow wash.
 
These hot leisurely days are bliss after the stressful days at work of late.  The invitations have come for the Caribbean lunch which is in 2 days’ time.  I was interested to hear from another pax that there will not a video of this cruise. I don’t usually buy them so hadn’t noticed, but apparently it is because only 4 photographers are on board and there need to be 5 for a video?? Not sure how true that is though.   

Day 8 Mid Atlantic

It has been very hot today, and although the sun came out in the middle of the day, the afternoon has been hot and sultry until now. I am sitting in the shade of the promenade deck as I type this. I have been reading most of the day since the book I brought with me I have found gripping. It is called The Help and in fact the film is showing tonight on the ship. It is about civil rights in Mississippi in the early 1960s. A great read. It is semi formal tonight…sorry Smart! ..so I will be off for my fourth shower of the day!  I have to say it has been very hot – I get up shower, have breakfast, play shuffleboard, shower, read, have lunch, shower….. so much for conserving water on board. I guess the ship is having to make large quantities as we go. The Captain wandered round the decks chatting this morning. There have been three weddings on board so far so I guess he has been very busy. There have been a good few steamer chair hoggers today!


Because of my spa appointment and then shuffleboard it was 11am before I reached the decks, and by then every chair on the prom. deck was either occupied or had a book and towel occupant!  It was 4pm before I got a free one!  On the other hand it you are happy with the normal sunbeds there are plenty around and also the reclining chairs that I like, both teak and white plastic. One more sea day to go until Antigua. I guess it’s going to get hotter yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment