Friday 20 January 2012

A plan of action

Another week at work finished, and time to re-read the text for the book Andrew and I are writing on Oriana and Aurora. Because we have had a long break from it to complete the P&O Cruises 175 book, it is very useful to see the text afresh. OK, we are only halfway through. but already I have re-written great swathes of it, with the benefit of what we learned with the P&O book. The images too, I am seeing with fresh eyes, and obviously a few will now have to go as we have used them in the 175 book.


Next is to produce a plan of action and fill in the gaps of what we have down so far. I like this stage. It is almost a stream of consciousness moment - get everything down, ideas, thoughts, facts, the lot. Then refine it and refine it to get the word count to where it should be and make it readable and engaging. So...instead of writing about what I going to do, I had better knuckle down and do some of it, with some inspiration from the happy memory of Aurora leaving Boston below!


No comments:

Post a Comment