Saturday 14 January 2012

Back to writing again

A week at work over and time to give thought to resuming work on the next maritime book Andrew and I are writing. We were actually half-way through it when we got the P&O contract so not too much left to do, except refine the photo selection, do a few more interviews and complete the text. ...OK - quite a lot to do on reflection. This weekend I will re-read the text so far and work out a plan of action to split between us so we can get going again. In many ways it is harder to resume writing a book, that if you are able to go straight through. I have lost the momentum and the thread, but hopefully it will soon come back


It was terrible to read of the foundering of the Costa Concordia last evening. Something to remember when next you are in muster drill and hear the inevitable complainers! I see many Costa ships on my travels. Not a line for me I think, not least as the ships are very large which is something that doesn't appeal to me as a passenger, but they are very popular with many and your cruise ship sinking under you is not a pleasant thought. Below is the Costa Pacifica in Barcelona in 2010. As I said - large ships!






The publicity for the 175 Book is going well. Amazon sales are good and this week I did an interview for and sent photos to my local newspaper. Word is getting out and P&O Cruises ran a competition on their Facebook page to win copies of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment