Friday 30 May 2014

2015

The last few weeks have been partially spent sorting out my cruises for next year. Since I still have a real day job, albeit part time, I am limited in how long I can take so I needed to maximise my leave, plus choose a least a few places new to me, and indeed ships new to me so....

The first and most exciting one goes to Antarctica! And it is with Holland America Line! And it is a fly-cruise - my first!!

Holland America Line have long been on my must-sail list and I have visited both Maasdam and Prinsendam so am very much looking forward to Zaandam. I have to admit this was not the cruise my friend and I had in mind - we thought we would probably choose the first two sectors or Aurora's world cruise but then, my friend disliking flying, decided that if we had to fly, we may as well fly both ways and have more time in South America, which has been on both our bucket lists for a while now. I was surprised as Aurora goes to Rio de Janeiro which my friend really wants to visit. The Zaandam cruises starts for us in Buenos Aires and then travels round the coast to Valparaiso/Santiago, via the Falklands and Antarctica. Antarctica is somewhere I have always wanted to see but never thought I would reach, given the increasing restrictions on cruise ships in the area and the normally very high cost of cruising the region. The Chilean Fjords also were high on my increasingly long list of must-sees as well - so pretty much the perfect cruise for me - I hope! Oh - and not to mention penguins :)

More about the other two 2015 cruises another time.

P&O Cruises' Artemis in the Chilean Fjords



No comments:

Post a Comment