Wednesday 19 February 2014

Oceana to Caribbean 2014 - Tortola


Saturday 18 January – Tortola

27°C

SE Force 4

We woke to a beautiful morning. Azura was in port already as we arrived., the deputy captain watching us berth!


 
We had no tours booked today thank goodness so were able to have a leisurely breakfast. Caryll set off on a $20 Island tour while I just wandered ashore. Road Town is not that pretty a place and shops and sights few and far between.


After a stroll round the marina and back I noticed a craft village in the opposite direction so headed there. I always remember Tortola for the wild chickens everywhere!

 
Then decided it was time for a rum punch in Pussers Outpost. As I was alone I was asked to move from my table for 6 where I hoped others might join me to a corner table for 2! I have to say I was quite angry about this and would have walked out had I not already got my rum punch!
I slowly made my way back to the ship and sunbathed the rest of the day, watching the low-flying Frigate birds, Boobys and Pelicans  overhead.





Caryll joined me later and we moved as Azura was by then blocking the setting sun. Then someone spotted dolphins in the bay and we stood and watched spectacular acrobatics from them for over half an hour! I finally got some reasonable photos of them too.


Then to cabin to wash hair and shower – bit sunburnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment