Wednesday 7 March 2012

Oriana and Aurora

The new book is coming along well. People are remarkably generous with lending material, time, photos etc and we have found some exciting pictures to include which have never before been published.


I have to admit I am finding it harder to create a coherent story, with this book being about two ships, but it is beginning to take shape now and I am enjoying the writing again. It was a struggle to pick up this one as it was half finished before the P&O Cruises 175 commission, so I think we both lost our impetus for a while.


It will be a great mixture of technical stuff and stories and interesting facts. Lots of "did you knows" have come to light which we will include. 


So, although I haven't written anything here for a while, I have been beavering away in other spheres!






This image is not one for inclusion but shows one of the long interior promenades on Oriana. A design feature taken from Canberra in the liner tradition.


PS: the decorating is all finished and I am now set up in a lovely library/study!

No comments:

Post a Comment