Sunday 14 September 2014

Adonia cruise - part 2


Monday 25 August

A bumpy night but otherwise fine. We decided on breakfast in the main dining room however as I wasn’t keen on trying to carry trays across the Conservatory.  the one downside of a small ship (well smaller - 30,000 grt) is if you hit rough seas!). She is one of the well-known R ships, most of which went to Azamara and Oceania, although Princess have one too. 
 
After breakfast  we went to the travelling alone meet – to find just two others there, albeit male!  Went back down to Andersons for our pre-arranged meet up with friends from a cruise forum. It was nice to put names to faces and we chatted for nearly an hour before lunch beckoned. On the way I stocked up on perfume (Aromatics Elixir) as it was a very good price, before popping down to Deck 4 to see if my friend - the Housekeeping Manager, was available as I hadn't spotted him yet.  Had big hug and kiss and a chat with him. He told me of plans to re-refurnish Adonia at her refit in 2016. After lunch in the restaurant I had a nap  in cabin. The first day or nearly every cruise I have done, I am usually tired  - first day lethargy! After changing for dinner we had drinks in Anderson’s and then to dinner, where 2 were missing - due to the bouncy seas - I wish someone would fill in those potholes on the way to the Med! ! Syndicate Quiz and then bed. 
 
 
Tuesday 26 August

Still bumpy and the top decks still closed as windy so no quoits for my friend. Not making any difference to me as shuffleboard courts closed for refurbishment. – grrrrr! Solos meet after breakfast followed by theme quiz (16/20). Bought a watch  - why can't I resist those sales tables?? Then met up with my friend and we went to the Conservatory for lunch followed by a doze and read in the sun! Fortunately on Adonia, the pool deck is very sheltered and good in most weather.
 
Showered and washed hair for Captain’s Welcome Aboard party. Captain David Box was very welcoming as I thanked him for his contributions to our last book. Chatted to friends and managed three drinks before dinner and the quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment