Wednesday 12 November 2014

Getting ready to cruise again!

After last month's adventures on Funchal I am looking forward to a short break of three nights on Fred Olsen's Braemar. I have not sailed on Braemar before and it looked like a good opportunity to try a new ship. Although I confess I wasn't that impressed with FO on my Balmoral cruise three years ago I thought a different ship might change my views.

Unfortunately the Royal Mail managed to lose my luggage tags etc so I now have a good old-fashioned replacement set from Fred - below!

The highlight of this cruise to Rouen should be the sail up the Seine to berth in the town itself, where we stay overnight. If it is as good as our Guadalquivir transit in August it will be wonderful. I will naturally report back in due course.

Meanwhile - we have completed the Cunard 175 book and I have also published a calendar of my photographs of various cruise ships I have encountered over the last year of so. A taster is below -

 
The calendar can be ordered through Amazon among other places.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1325027405


2 comments:

  1. We did a Rouen cruise with Fred three years ago - on Black Watch. I reviewed the cruise here: http://tomscruiseblog.co.uk/previous-cruises/black-watch-cruise-2011/ As you can see, we weren't quite convinced by it, though that might have been because we got a bit carried away with the 'Rouen' aspect and perhaps forgot the 'mid December'. But I'll remember the excursion to Honfleur and the Chateau de Breuil for a long time - even in the pouring rain, it was excellent. I hope you enjoy the cruise.

    (And I've just bought a calendar...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom. I'll go have a read. It is really just a long weekend break and after the Funchal cruise - a bit of relaxation I hope!! As for mid-November (December in your case) - that's fine. I usually book a Xmas Markets cruise or similar around now so am used to the cold and wet :). Hope you enjoy the calendar.

    ReplyDelete