Sunday 30 April 2017

I'm Back!

Well, I am back from a wonder 3½ months on Aurora's world cruise. It was an amazing experience. At no time did it feel too long, in fact I would happily have stayed on and done it all over again. I now have to buckle down and write the book! In the meantime however, I will post my blog retrospectively as usual (I'm too mean to pay the exorbitant internet fees on board!).

I have some 8000 photos to sift through but have crossed so much off my bucket list - Rotorua, Petra, San Francisco and seeing Humpback Whales breach in close-up among them. I met some lovely people (and a very few I would rather not have!). I had an unplanned adventure when I spent a day in a Singapore hospital and nearly missed the ship! The wildlife was astounding - who knew the Toucans have pretty blue feet?? well, I didn't; and that to a nervous baby Howler Monkey, my walking stick looked like a tree to be climbed! I even found wild Koalas and Kangaroos in the Australian Bush.

And to top it all, I saw some unusual cruise ships that don't make it to western waters.

So, I hope you enjoy the blog. It may take a little time to transcribe as for the first time, I dictated it all rather than have to sit indoors and type. And - we are off!



No comments:

Post a Comment