Saturday 29 March 2014

Oriana - In Search of the Northern Lights 2


Sunday 16 March – Bergen

I was up for our arrival at 8am to find rain showers and sleet. After breakfast we walked to Bryggen which I love and never tire of.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then round to the Cathedral which I hadn't found before. As people were arriving for Sunday Service we didn't linger too long there. We paused for coffee and a donut in Macdonalds (possibly the prettiest ever) at the bargain price of 30NK and free WiFi, so were able catch up on emails etc.


 
 
It was still raining but we then walked as far as the lake and then back via a reconstructed Merchant’s House and Bryggen again. It was by then raining extremely hard wet so I left Caryll looking at St Mary’s Kirken and returned to Oriana for a late lunch, managing to lock myself out of the cabin too! After standing on deck watching a soggy sailaway, we got ready for a casual night.
 
 
Cocktails in Andersons were followed by dinner and then bed as I was very tired and sea was becoming rough again. Although I felt fine, I found it exhausting trying to stay upright and walk in a straight line!  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment