Sunday 30 March 2014

Oriana - In Search of the Northern Lights 7


Friday 21 March – at sea
 
We left Alta in the very early hours – around 2am. There had been snow overnight and snow showers all day. It was good to have a lazy day and process everything we had seen and done. I changed my library book. The librarian was excellent and eager to offer suggestions if you said what genre you enjoyed. When I said I didn’t have time to read another book she insisted I take one of the paperbacks passengers leave. 

Due to the nature of this cruise, there were more indoor activities arranged – the usual quizzes, Wii bowling, carpet bowls, Baggo (which sort of replaced deck quoits), indoor golf putting (at which I surprised myself), etc.
 


 
Saturday 22 March – at sea

We were up late as it had been a bumpy night. Today was the second Baltic/Ligurian Peninsular Lunch. We were on a table with the Deck Cadet, Ian Ware, who was very entertaining and will make an excellent captain in our opinion. Feeling stuffed, I had a lazy afternoon watching the excellent Crew Show where Executive Purser Ian Wynne-Smythe surprised us by singing a serious and beautiful song – he had a good voice. Usually he does comedic stuff!
 
That evening was the Peninsular Party before dinner. There was a new way of doing photos at the door. Instead of shaking hands with the Captain, the Executive Purser, Commercial Manager, Deputy Captain and Captain were posed and you stood in the middle – a nice touch. I paused there to arrange coffee on the final day with Robert.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment