Saturday 29 March 2014

Oriana - In Search of the Northern Lights 3


Monday 17 March – at sea

Great – NV restrictions lifted! We don't feel under siege now! It was another rough night with little sleep as sail ever further northwards. We got up at 8.30 and had breakfast in Al Frescos before the Solo meet. While sitting in Tiffany's I spotted the Captain  and asked if the bridge would announce the Northern Lights in the middle of the night and he said no as the Bing Bong might cause panic in the middle of the night! Oh well - we'll just have to keep looking.
 
Lunch was in Al Frescos as we sailed through our first snowstorm. It was a taste of things to come!
 


 
In the afternoon I went to the usual interview of the Captain by the Cruise Director Natalie. Afterwards I congratulated him on his recent engagement and got another kiss and hug in the corridor afterwards! When I popped into the shop I discovered all our books had sold out so no signing required - great. Due to rather cold nature of this cruise there were more indoor activities than usual. I had a go at golf putting before Individual Quiz and found I wasn't too bad. Formal night tonight and then Tromsø tomorrow. Dinner, bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment