Sunday 29 September 2013

Books arrive and a minor panic

Finally - my copies of our latest book arrived on Friday! It is strange, that after living with the text and images for close on a year, and despite seeing and reading the page proofs, it is never the same until you see the final, finished product. Once that arrives you feel you can definitely put everything relating to it aside and start afresh on a new project.  

After the nurse redressed my foot last Wednesday she gave me everything I needed to do it myself next time so, all prepared, I unwrapped it yesterday and was not sure it looked right. The toe was much more swollen and the stitches were pulling really tightly. I thought I had better phone NHS Direct and ask advice. They booked me in to see the out of hours doctor. Of course, being a Saturday, everyone I knew was out, so I booked a taxi and off I set. I was seen really quickly but he wasn't too sure about it either and thought I had better go to A&E! So, another taxi ride later, I arrived at Weston General. A&E was full of, what looked like, men with sports injuries!  An hour and a half later, I was seen by an orthopaedic junior doctor who felt it all looked absolutely fine and sent me home!!

I suppose it was an interesting outing - I hadn't planned to do anything else after all! And the foot got re-dressed properly by a nurse! And, although I am very aware now of the pin, it is more uncomfortable than painful most of the time. I just need to sit as much as possible with my foot up high! 

Just as well the autumn schedules have started on TV!!  

Foot yesterday in hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment