Saturday 21 September 2013

Nautica - 26th August 2013 Portland


Our last day! Since we were not arriving until 10am at Portland we had a leisurely breakfast and were able to watch us dock, at least I did while Caryll went off to do putting.
Once we were ready we set off in the free shuttle to Weymouth. It is many years since I was last here and the town was, to all intents and purposes, new to me, but nevertheless, it was really odd visiting a place so close to home, whilst on a cruise!

 
We had a wander through the narrow streets and over the bridge to the main shopping centre, which is all pedestrianized now.

 
By around 1pm I was tired and my foot really hurt so I made my way back to the shuttle drop off while Caryll caught the bus to Portland Bill. I was also filled with the thought that I was wasting time ashore since I could visit Weymouth any time, and wanted to maximise my time on board Nautica! I had a quick lunch outdoors in the Terrace Grill before going up to play shuffleboard. As I was the only one to turn up I won by default – 3 more points. The weather was beautiful so it was a sun lounger in the sun for the rest of the afternoon – until Caryll got back and it was time for the Trivia Quiz. 
 
After dropping off our post cruise questionnaires we joined our team and came joint first – again.  So, I ended up with 20 Big O points – enough to redeem for a T shirt with 5 over as I didn’t want the hat! Back in the cabin I finished packing and changed for dinner.  We had a cocktail each in Martinis before going out onto the promenade deck to watch the Weymouth Brass Band and some soldiers fire a three gun salute for us.
 
We were just two for dinner again as we were late, then the final show. On our beds were gifts from Oceania’s loyalty club – two  smart leather luggage tags with enamel crests of Oceania Cruises.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment