Wednesday 28 December 2011

Oceana Day 19 - at sea

Friday 9 December – at sea

A welcome sea day today and the weather forecast was completely wrong and we have warm sun and blue skies with a few white fluffy clouds – warm enough to sit and sunbathe in fact, which is what I have been doing all day so far,  especially since I slept little last night due to my bad throat/cough. I have now lost my voice – probably why we haven’t been told off at dinner for several nights now!


We had our second deck barbeque today and it was wonderful to sit outdoors and eat in December.  I know the weather cannot be guaranteed, but apart from the light showers in Katakolon and the heavy ones in Messina, we have had wonderful warm and sunny days so far. It was the O Fact (Oceana Uncovered) event in the atrium today where the different departments showcase what they do. Tonight I am going to the Portunus Party – again – the second one as there are so many of us on the ship. I just hope some of my evening wear still fits!
 It was a lovely party – chatted to the Deputy Crew Manager and the Financial Controller. Good speech by the Commodore, before we all left for dinner. Went to the Ball, but as no entertainment officers yet again, went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment