Monday 26 December 2011

Oceana Days 6 - 7 - at sea

Saturday 26 November – at sea

I suppose it was too much to hope for that the weather would stay that good for all 24 days - today is very cloudy, although still not cold - 17 degrees. Finally we have put some speed on to reach Malta in two days. I mean three days from S'ton to Cadiz?? We have been dawdling along - I don't know if it was a fuel saving measure or if they allowed for bad weather and the consequent reduced speed. Anyway, we are steaming along at 17 knots, through slightly bumpy seas again. Today and tonight is ladies' day. I have booked a deal at the spa later but nothing else planned yet. Bobby Knut was the headline act last night. he was quite funny but i have seen better. Because he had arrived with a bad throat they cut one of the planned three shows last evening and he will repeat it tonight. The other show tonight is The Beatles Experience. There are also some good bands on board - especially Serendity - and a classical pianist. The Gold Lunch is tomorrow, or rather one of them as there are two to cater for numbers. Everyone had to RSVP a day or two ago so there are no empty spaces at the tables. After breakfast in Café Jardin I bought a Hazelnut Latte from the Costa outlet on board and took it to the travelling alone meet. We sat chatting for nearly an hour and a half and I am now in my cabin writing this.



In the afternoon the weather improved so after a late lunch in The Plaza I sat out on deck until it was time for my spa appointment. This was bliss – after getting over the shock of being sent to change into a robe and walk back to the treatment room! I then had a back and neck massage, facial, scalp and neck massage and foot treatment. By then I needed to go back to the cabin to wash my hair and do my nails for tonight’s formal night. Had a cocktail in Magums and then joined the others in the Yacht & Compass before dinner. Caroline, Avril, Stuart and myself then went to the Beatles Experience, which was very good, then bed. 

Sunday 27 November – at sea

I had a very lazy morning... again! Aside from going to the travelling alone meet, I sat out briefly and then went to get ready for the Gold lunch. I was on table 17, hosted by Tim Newman, Commercial Manager. We started with a glass of champagne followed by copious white wine with lunch. After so much to drink, I sat on deck for the afternoon. Went to early show – Mercury Rising – Steven Larkins as Freddie Mercury which was absolutely brilliant – first time I have been to the same show twice as I went again at 10.30 with the others from my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment