Monday 26 December 2011

Oceana Day 5 - Cadiz

Friday 25 November – Cadiz
It was a fabulous day weather-wise in Cadiz.  We arrived about 8am and as Independence of the Seas was in the usual berth, the captain did a nifty bit of parking at 90 degrees to IOTS at the end of the harbour. As it is my 5th time in Cadiz I chose to go to a couple of the White Villages - one in the mountains (Vejer de la Frotnera) and one on the coast (Conil) with the most beautiful unspoiled beach ever! On the way we drove to Cape Trafalgar and through a national park. We saw storks, flamingos, lots of finches, a hawk and other birdlife.  We also drove through one of the Franco villages which was covered with graffiti and litter! The first village was very pretty with narrow cobbled streets and open squares.


The second village not so pretty and after a quick walk around, I sat and had a coffee in a bar. A little sparrow sat at my feet and kept opening its beak in a “feed me” manner but I didn't have food on me! I then walked on the beautiful beach – the sand was more broken shell than sand.


The weather was glorious and when we got back at 2.30 I spent the rest of the afternoon on deck in the sun until sunset. My coach arrived back by the way with two more pax than we started with as a frantic couple collared me at the beach stop and asked to speak with our tour guide - they had been left behind by their IOTS tour and fortunately for them there was spare space on our coach. I dread to think what they would have done otherwise as there was no bus or train and I didn't even see any taxis.  Off to change for dinner - evening casual tonight and then to the show -  Bobby Knut.

No comments:

Post a Comment