Sunday 5 May 2013

Oriana - Day 12 - 13 - Christmas Day & Boxing Day


Day 12 - Christmas Day - at sea

Christmas Day dawned bright and sunny – warm enough to sunbathe. We all woke late and Joyce and I had a leisurely breakfast on the stern deck in the sun, with a glass of Buck’s Fizz for me! I’m starting as I mean to go on! Sadly at that moment there was an announcement asking for any blood donors, group O, to go immediately to the medical centre as there was an emergency on board. Many volunteered and there were announcements throughout the morning for so-and-so to contact reception asap, presumably as more was required. Meanwhile Oriana picked up speed and diverted to Limassol to offload the sick passenger and we are now heading back to our original course – a slow sail to Izmir the day after Boxing Day.

We all had lunch, again on the stern deck in the sun, and Caryll is playing quoits, Joyce is sunbathing and I have popped indoors as I found the wind a little cold, but also to treat my many blisters from yesterday! We are meeting up at teatime for mince pies!

We got ready for dinner – formal of course – and went for drinks in Andersons. There were formal portraits with the Captain so Caryll and I had one taken, then in to dinner. What a feast! A huge choice of starters, then soup, lemon sorbet, about 8 different main courses, several deserts, coffee, mince pies, stolen, Christmas cake and liqueur truffles! Phew – I felt like a stuffed turkey myself. None of us could eat the truffles so the waiter gave me a paper napkin and we took 11 back to the cabin. The special Christmas Headliners show was very good with fabulous lighting effects, then to watch the dancing and bed.



Boxing Day
It turned into another warm and sunny day so much of it has been spent outside. After breakfast, and individual activities we met up for lunch and then sat on the prom deck in the sun. I jumped up at one point as a dolphin leapt from the water right beside me, but then disappeared as soon as I grabbed my camera! Just then the captain came over the tannoy to give us an update on the offloaded passenger from yesterday – apparently doing well, so that is good news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment