Sunday 5 May 2013

Oriana - Day 8-9 at sea

Day 8
Another sea day today, and unfortunately the weather isn’t that brilliant, although it was quite hot this morning when I sat on the prom deck this morning in the sun. We had the Baltic/Ligurian lunch at noon so I didn’t want my hair to get too wrecked in the wind so skipped shuffleboard.  We had the Exec. Purser, Ian Wynne Smythe on our table, who was extremely entertaining. I ate (and drank) far too much again so hoped to exercise it off a bit at shuffleboard but am rubbish this cruise and got knocked out in the first round! So a deckchair on the prom deck called, until it got too chilly.
 
Day 9
We had decided to all get up early so the alarm was set for 8am and we all woke at 7.30! After breakfast we all had to attend the Israeli face-to-face immigration procedure. There were long queues at 9am when it started so we had breakfast and then on our way to the Solo meet looked in again and it was fine so were through very quickly and have all got our passports back. There wasn’t that long by now till the Lunch – when I left the cabin last evening at 7.30 we had all got invitations to the Caribbean lunch which was today at noon! I wasn’t expecting that but as Caryll is Baltic level we all got invited to yesterday’s lunch. I am Caribbean level so we all got invited to the lunch today – honestly I am so stuffed as I write this in the cabin having just got back, I think they will offload me as luggage!  Fortunately the menus were different. It was a good way to compare the two as well – the wine was not quite so free-flowing and after dinner we got the usual cake-like petit fours whereas yesterday we got the proper chocolate truffles. Unusually they also separated us – Caryll and Joyce were on one table with Barbara, the loyalty manager and I was on another – with the Commercial Manager.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment