Sunday 5 May 2013

Oriana - Day 17 - Messina


Day 17 Messina                                                                                            

Despite threatening clouds as we sailed in this morning, the day turned bright and very sunny. Serenade of the Seas snuck in just before us.
 
Caryll and I took the HoHo bus around the city to get our bearings. I have been once before but walked mainly up the hillside so it was interesting to see the shopping areas etc. The bus arrived back at the Duomo clock just in time to find a spot to watch the animated figures – the roaring lion, cock crowing, the church rising from the earthquake ruins etc.
 
I then pottered about a little before heading back to Oriana while Caryll stayed ashore. The sun was actually very hot out of the wind so I succumbed to an icecream on deck – not bad for the 30th December.

After dinner we went back to the cabin to find that one of us had left the “please make up my cabin” sign the wrong way up – “Please do not disturb”!  Since we needed clean towels, not to mention the upper berth put down, Caryll went down to reception while I decided to go to the show – Fogwell Flax. I had heard mixed reviews and wasn’t going to bother, but actually I found him very funny. Thank goodness we have two sea days ahead after four port days in a row. I need to prepare for New Year’s Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment